SHFC Member Boat Checkout
SHFC provides fishing boats and canoes for use by club members:
• 18’ Crestliner Sportfish 1850 powered by a 135 hp Mercury Optimax motor moored at the club slip at Chatfield Marina.
• 16’ Lund WC-16 powered by a 25 hp Mercury 4-stroke tiller motor
• 14’ Mirrocraft powered by an electric trolling motor
• two 16’ Old Town canoes
Rental fees are only applicable to the Crestliner ($35 half day, $50 full day). There is no charge for use of the other boats.
Members and guests shall sign a release and waiver of liabilities and return it to the boating chairman prior to checking out a boat.
Member Boat Rental Waiver
Guest Boat Rental Waiver
Members shall participate in a boat orientation session prior to checking out a boat. Contact the boating chairman to arrange for a session. Frequent orientation opportunities are available with the chairman or one of the delegates.
Crestliner orientations will be held at the Chatfield marina. The Crestliner is stored in slip B09. Click here for marina map. Contact the boating chairman to reserve your session. You can stay for an optional half day of fishing after the orientation or just come for the fishing. We'll split the cost of the $35 rental fee if you stay for fishing.
Orientation sessions include:
• Boater safety briefing based on Colorado boating statutes and regulations available at the following link.2020 Colorado Boating Statutes and Regulations The briefing emphasizes relevant information in sections #212, #218, #219 and #221.
• Checkout and check-in procedures including checklist and checkout form details. Link to checklists and checkout forms
Crestliner Checklist 2020
Crestliner Checkout Form 2019
Crestliner Terrova User Manual
Crestliner Terrova IPilot BT Quick Reference Guide
Crestliner Trolling Motor Batteries
• Instruction on equipment operation including a mandatory checkout cruise on the Crestliner and an optional checkout cruise on the Lund.
Rental fees are to be paid in advance with PayPal to firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact the boating chairman Gary Keyser at 303-829-8471 or by email at email@example.com